DaMOst pursues the following objectives:
- Connecting and strengthening networks of migrant organizations in East Germany.
- Promoting the potential of migration and migrants for the benefit of society.
- Representing the interests of the population with a migrant background living in East Germany at federal level.
- Reinforcing the political participation and social engagement of migrants in East Germany.
- Bundling the resources and potentials of migrants and coordinating the cooperation of member organizations.
- A society without xenophobia, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, discrimination and right-wing extremism.
- Inclusion of representatives of the networks in the planning, implementation and evaluation of integration measures in many bodies at the state and federal level.
Areas of Activity
- Foundation and professionalization of migrant organizations.
- Conception, coordination and support of projects for communal and regional integration work.
- Development of transregional forms of services with reference to refugees.
- Strengthening of civil society commitment and cooperation with volunteers.
- Training and support for entry into the labor market.
- Fighting against xenophobia, discrimination and everyday racism.
For these purposes, we have formed working groups that are coordinated by DaMOst.